Friday, October 9, 2009

R.I.P. Rosella

Last week i got back to work and i was told that one of our residents was starting to pass away. i was in total shock because she was fine when i left. They told me that she would probably be passing away on my shift. i was a little nervous because ive never had someone pass on my shift. I sat with her for most of the night just watching her breath. She made it through my shift.. and also the next couple of days. On Wednesday morning, i was getting residents up to get ready for the day, i was in the room next to Rosella getting someone ready and all of a sudden i hear a big moan/sigh.. i immediately  ran in there and the moment i looked at her, i knew she was gone. I just sat there for a second.. hoping she would take a breath. I felt for a pulse, nothing, Her face just started turning pale white. I just started shaking. but i was happy because she was finally at peace.
Being in this kind of work is hard. :-(
Rosella was such a sweet little lady. She was 97 years old who probably weighed about 80lbs. I remember when i would go check on her in the middle of the night she would be up and tell me to come lay with her, and that i needed sleep. She will be missed dearly.

No comments: