Saturday, December 19, 2009

First Doctors Appoinment

I had my first doctors appointment yesterday. It didnt go as good as i wanted it to. I got there and we had to wait forever in the waiting room, and i started getting all hot and sweaty and irritated that it was taking forever. They finally called me back and i got weighed. I had lost 8lbs (the only good thing about being so sick) Then they checked my blood pressure. The nurse didnt say anything, and just checked it again, then she asked "do you usually have high blood pressure?" and i told her that with my last pregnancy i had high blood pressure throughout my whole pregnancy. She told me it was 148/101. Then she took me back into the room where we had to wait for another half hour before the doctor came back. I love Dr. Astle. He is super nice and very helpful. i feel so comfortable with him. He told me that he wasnt going to check for a heartbeat because you normally dont hear it until around 10 weeks. I was pretty bummed that we didnt get to hear it. He checked my cervix and he said it was around 8 weeks. He gave me a perscription for nausea. He told me he was really concerned about my blood pressure and if its still consistantly high they were going to put me on a mild blood pressure medication. So after the visit he had me sit there for a while and had a nurse come back and take my blood pressure again. It was down to 124/90. So he didnt give me a perscription for blood pressure but he said we need to keep an eye on it. Overall, it was an ok doctors appointment. Our next one is on January 15th. And for sure we'll be able to hear the heartbeat.

1 comment:

Heinz and Alecia said...

Hey liz, I hope you are feeling better soon! But that's so exciting you are having another baby :D If you need anything let me know!!