Thursday, September 16, 2010

Its about time..

Here i am.. 3 months later.. FINALLY updating my blog! yay!

So, as most of you know.. the biggest news that i have to talk about is about Kelsey Jade Duffy being born. :)
By 39 weeks i was so ready to have her out that i was getting very impatient and begging for her to come out. At my 39 week appointment i was dilated to a 4 and he stripped my membranes. My dr told me that i should go into labor within a couple hours.. well, i started feeling contractions so we headed to the hospital.. but with my lucky, they sent us home that night.. I called my doctor the next day and told him that i had been bleeding all day and night so they told me to go back in. they hooked me up to some monitors to see if i was contracting. My doctor was out of the office that day so i saw a different doctor, he didnt like how high my blood pressure was so he stripped my membranes again and sent me over to labor and delivery :) that was around 2 oclock. They hooked me up to pitocin and got me rolling.
here we are waiting for her


 It seemed to go by really fast. I was so glad that they allowed Erica to be there with us. She was there the whole time except for when it was time to push. She was excited too :) Before i knew it i was in so much pain. There was no way that i could go all natural, so i got the epidural :) before i knew it.. it was 10:50pm and they told me to push.. she was out at 11:01 pm :)
She was perfect.
8lb 3 oz 21 inches.







I couldnt have asked for a better baby. She eats and sleeps so well. and is perfectly healthy. The only problem she had was a ruptured blood vessel in her right eye, but it fixed it self :)

Erica has been such a good big sister. She knew right away that she had to be gentle with the baby.
Ericas first time holding her baby sister.


Baby Kelsey sleeps so good. She had a little bit of Colic but im still not complaining. I couldnt have asked for a better baby.



She is now 7 weeks old :)


2 comments:

The Terry's said...

cute! that's so cool they let your daughter be there. I hope they let me have gunner there right up until the surgery. congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are such a good mom and I can't wait to see your future posts about the little ones. They are both adorable.