Monday, April 19, 2010

A Mothers Love

I just spent the last hour reading a blog about a child who had drowned in the bath tub. You might have heard the story. His name was Bronson. I highly suggest everyone to read this story through and appreciate what you have in life. HERE is his story.

I cried my eyes out reading the story and the whole time i was just thinking to myself "What if that was Erica?" Which made me cry even more. This little boy drowned in the bathtub, while his mom just ran out of the room for a minute (something i am guilty of). It really makes you think that ANYTHING could happen, at ANYTIME. Ever since Erica was born, i have always been terrified of something tragic happening to my little girl. My biggest fear lately, is her running out into the street and getting hit, and honestly, its something that i wake up in the middle of the night from dreaming about.
I have always hated how "over pretective" my mother was growing up. Now i understand, now that im a mother myself. She lost a child in a car accident, of course she was always worried something bad would happen to me. Now i get it. Now im the "over protective mother" who is terrified of her doing anything physical because im afraid she's going to fall and break something. Or hates when she eats candy or certain food because i dont want her to choke. Im still the mother that walks in when she's sleeping and make sure she's still breathing. Im scared to leave her overnight, and i always have my phone right next to me in case something happens, and when my phone actually rings im scared its bad news.
Im also the kind of mother who takes things for granted, until now. I am so blessed that Erica was born healthy, and hasnt had any major problems. I am so blessed that she wakes up in the morning with a smile on her face ready to terrorize my house every day. She is amazing in so many ways and i dont think Zach and I really understand how lucky we are. And i hope one day we will never have to be in a position where we would never see our baby girl again.
LIke Sara (the mother of Bronson) said :

"For now, please hug your babies a little tighter...
Give your children a little extra squeeze...
Be a little more patient and diligent
and a little less distracted by the things that will wait until later.
Embrace the things that matter most!
.
Life is so fragile...
We are holding onto it for now."
 
 
 I love my little girl more than anything in this world. I would give my life for her. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Children are Gods gifts to us. Some of us just don't know how to open the gift until its too late. You have a beautiful daughter and you are a wonderful mother. The two of you are blessed to have each other.